Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sharing banana bread is better than eating it alone

I decided to share my banana bread today and not be selfish. Often in the teacher's room there is some sort of common food, and this was my first real contribution. (I don't think cheese crackers count for much!) I'm glad I shared because as I had guessed, many people had never heard of or tried banana bread. It was great to hear the pleasant exclamations as I worked in another room preparing for my lessons. I had three requests for the recipe, and this made me think of how information is exchanged between cultures. While information and cultural exchanges can be seen as good and bad, I feel that in this situation it was a good exchange - something pleasant for the taste buds and a way to use overripe bananas. :)

1 comment:

  1. well, are you gonna share your recipe with us or do we just have to google "banana bread" like most americans. hehe.
    Do you need someone to send you some good old fashion US measuring cups and spoons for christmas? I think it can be arranged!

    ReplyDelete