Sunday, October 5, 2008

Kolomensky Park: I love Fall!

Before I arrived in Moscow, I thought for sure that I would miss fall. It was just beginning in Blackfoot, and I thought it would be over in Moscow. Lucky for me, I arrived about a 2 or 3 days before the leaves began to change, and now fall is in full swing. Today was absolutely gorgeous. At a comfortable 60 degrees Farenheit, the rumors about Moscow's winter having started already were just that ... rumors. Kolomensky Park was the place to be today with such wonderful weather and the leaves falling. This statue is adorned with one of the leaf crowns the locals were putting together. Unlike in the states, Russians don't seem to be interested in raking up leaves and playing in them. Instead, they like to make leaf crowns and pose for various photo opps. Though the park was packed, it was still quite enjoyable, and I can only hope the weather holds out for next weekend. One weekend of fall is never enough!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim- I am enjoying reading about your adventures,especially the frustrating food stories! I'm glad you made it there in time for fall-my favorite season! Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized that I hadn't checked your blogspot for about 3 weeks... glad you had a fall with crispy leaves!

    ReplyDelete